Web 2.0 has taken the world by storm in the past few years. The concept of Web 2.0 takes the network as platform for information sharing,user-centered design, collaboration and interaction with the World Wide Web. A web 2.0 site allows users to interact with others in a social media dialogue/virtual community. Some examples of Web 2.0 include facebook, wikis, twitter, blogs, rss, social media, web applications and pod-casting. These allow us all to communicate and contribute with freedom via the world wide web.
” Web 2.0 is not a technology but Web 2.0 needs technology so that typical scenarios can become reality..”
So how can web 2.0 tools assist with my personal productivity?
Web 2.0 tools can help people change their life allows them to connect with their friends whilst also giving them the ability of making friends via social media. .
A web 2.0 application i use very often is Facebook
– Allows me keep in touch with my friends/ family, where ever they are around the world.
– Facebook is a Web 2.0 service that allows you to interact and share information with anyone.
– Allows me to set up groups for my personal purposes weather it is for work, university or social groups, only
people in the group are able to see each others posts. Whilst keeping your personal information, photos to yourself and those who you are connected to.
Another web 2.0 application i have recently started using is WordPress.
– WordPress is a Web 2.0 application that allows users to write, publish their own blogs. I only started using WordPress this semester for Enterprise 2.0. Before that i had a WordPress account, but never really bothered to check it out and consider writing a blog. Personally starting to use WordPress it has allowed me to see that this particular Web 2.0 app can really help one express their personal thoughts they wish to share with the public and online community.
– It allows you to store your personal blogs and edit them when you wish, which is such a convenience and importantly it is easy to use!
A Web 2.0 tool that i signed up for and used for this week was Prezi ! Prezi is a wonderful a brilliant tool that allows users to create presentations, sharing ideas on a virtual canvas. I guess you could say it is a step up and much more advanced tool then Microsoft PowerPoint. Prezi allows users to display and navigate through information within a 2.5D space on the Z-axis. It would be a great tool to do university presentations as it adds a new dimension to your presentations.